On the 10th anniversary of the iPhone on Tuesday, Apple finally unleashed its latest and the most expensive phone, the iPhone X, priced at $999. The Cupertino based tech giant also launched two more phones, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, Apple SmartWatch, and the Apple TV at the event in the Steve Jobs Theater at Apple‘s headquarters in California.
Apart from the premium flagship phone iPhone X, Apple also launched iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus in the same event. The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are the upgrades of the Apple‘s current phones iPhone 7 and 7 Plus range, upgrading some of the main features found on Apple‘s current products.
Tim Cook marked the event by asserting the words…
“Our intention has always to create something so magical, powerful, that the hardware virtually disappears,”
Key Features and Specs | iPhone 8 and iPhones 8 Plus:
- Design: All glass design with silver, gray and gold finishes.
- Water and Dust-Resistant: Engineered and designed to resist dust and water.
- Wireless Charging: Glass at the back of iPhone enables easy wireless charging.
- Screen Display: iPhone 8 comes with 4.7″ display while 8 Plus with 5.5″ display.
- Resolution: iPhone 8 comes with 750×1334 pixels while 8 Plus with 1080×1920 pixels.
- Operating System: iOS 11
- Sound: The Stereo Speakers provides 25% louder sound than iPhone 7.
- Camera: iPhone 8 comes with advanced 12 MP duel-lens camera with larger and faster sensor, calibrated for augmented reality.
- New Portrait Lighting feature: The Portrait Lightning feature is what makes 8 Plus exceptional with the help of Machine Learning which creates facial landmarks and enhances light effects on the face.
- Storage: Comes in two variant of 64GB and 256GB.
- Processor: iPhone comes with All Bionic Processor with most powerful and smartest chip ever in the smartphone as claimed by the Apple.
When and Where to get the iPhone 8?
The iPhone 8 will be available in India at Rs. 64,000 for the 64 GB variant, while the 256GB model will cost Rs. 77,000. Similarly, the price of 8 Plus has been set as Rs. 73,000 for the base 64GB storage variant, while the model with 256GB storage will be available for Rs. 86,000. In India, the release date is September 29, as part of the second phase of release, with pre-orders beginning on September 22. As for now iPhone 8 price in the US for the 64GB and 256GB variants of the smaller model will be $699 and $849, respectively, and 8 Plus will cost $799 and $949 for the 64GB and 256GB variants.